Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sunday in Antigua

We are taking another lazy day.  Mary arrived last night around midnight.  She is one of the woman who help run Ninos con Bendicion.  She is staying with us for 2 nights until the rest of our group gets here.  It's nice to have a place big enough to have friends stay!

Tim and I were originally going to run the Half Marathon and let me tell you....I had to talk myself out of it.  But we have only run once in the last 3 weeks...and deciding to run on cobblestone in the heat just didn't seem that appealling on no training.  Instead we slept in a bit and then decided to walk down and watch the end of the race.  It was awesome to see them run in.  We got some pictures of Tim at the Lions Club booth too.







































We spent some time swimming afterwards and grabbed some lunch at home and then headed out to the market to do some of our shopping for gifts.  We walked under the arch and stopped for ice cream.  We bought some for some kids that were selling stuff too.  Tim said 'Where did you find those kids?'  I'm not sure he loves it when I bring extras with, but they were happy....FILTHY...but happy. :)

















We went back to the pool for more swimming and then stopped at the Artesians market.















Mayda made us an amazing dinner (again).  We sat down to eat and my back was at the kitchen.  Ethan and Tim both started laughing and said 'you are in trouble'.  I said 'what?'  Then I turned around.  Mayda was pulling tupperware out of the refrigerator and giving it the stinkeye.  Then she came over and told me 'no es bueno Alyssa'.  She talked for awhile.  The long and short of it is that I put sweet stuff in with something with vinegar in it.  She told me it would ferment.  She was less than impressed.  I told her that's why I need help in the kitchen.

I did have a bag of clothes (6/7/8) that somehow managed to not get onto the bus for Mariana.  I asked Mayda if she knew of any girls that could use them and she did, so I sent them with her.   

Ethan and Tim couldn't stop laughing.  I didn't think it was as funny.

Early to bed because we are getting picked up at 4 am to head out to Tikal!  Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment